Sunday, May 13, 2007

Make your paths straight

Hebrews 12:13
12:13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but be healed.
(NET)

Part of that verse is quoted from

Prov 4:26
4:26 Make the path for your feet level,
so that all your ways may be established.
4:27 Do not turn to the right or to the left;
turn yourself away from evil. (NET)

How often do I not necessarily turn to evil, but I just see it coming down the road and don't get out of the way? These verses point out that avoiding evil is a proactive lifestyle. I can't assume that my relationship with Christ will grow if I am not actively feeding it. It will atrophy and decay like muscles no longer used. How then do I keep from evil.

Psalm 119:9-11
119:9 How can a young person maintain a pure life?
By guarding it according to your instructions!
119:10 With all my heart I seek you.
Do not allow me to stray from your commands!
119:11 In my heart I store up your words,
so I might not sin against you.
(NET)

No comments: