Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Thougts on Hebrews 1:1-3

Thank God for sending His Son. I pray I never doubt Christ's supremacy over the prophets or angels or the priesthood. For the prophets only predicted Christ coming. The longed to see the coming of the Messiah. Simeon and Anna rejoiced and praised God in Luke chapter when they were able to meet the Messiah. They thanked and praised God when meeting Christ even though His act of grace on the cross had not yet been accomplished. How many times half-heartedly approach Christ even though I have received and receive His grace every day?! Angels were considered exalted to Jewish people because of their involvement in giving the law to Moses. However, Christ fulfilled the law. Christ delivered us from the ceremonial law by establishing a new covenant. That is also why He is superior to the priests. He accomplished the ultimate sacrifice that the ceremonial law represented. The blood of animals could not atone for sin, but Christ perfect sinless blood atoned for my sins. I have a priest, who is more exalted than angels, whose life and death were prophesied of old, and who sits at the right hand of God. I have such a priest to present my needs to God. Why don't I utilize such a resource more often? When when such a God desires to have relationship with me, do I crowd him out with meaningless, finite rubbish?

No comments: